Thursday, December 9, 2010

Stuck in the Airport for 5 Hours. Puchi Puchi, Lolle' pops and MLIA

                          Yup. Be darned, you annoying flight delays!!! I'm lucky I have my net-book and internet.
(Of which I usually ignore it's existence- help, anyone? How can I say that in proper grammar? Nerd, I know) The flight from Male' (NOT male, Male' capital of Maldives. With the little apostrophe, see? There is this true story about that... A woman travelling to Male' saw the sign for the mens bathroom, it read "Male" Said person, thought that it lead to the Male' departure gate, and they stepped in. This was one  of my way-too-many cousins. I think Anyway, what was I talking about? Oh yeah, I'm in a bracket...) was delayed, and when we got here (To Dhoha Airport, Qatar (Ghathar) in ARABIA. 
                  And although the plane had NOT TAKEN OFF YET, we were not allowed in, (and it said "Final Call. Not 'Gate Closed.') we figured it was because it would taken too long to load the luggage from one plane to the other. The next flight in at 5:30 P.M Dhoha time. So... five. hours. in. the. airport. in. this. cold. and. boredom. Time to log onto to nano, I hope someone is there!!! 
                About the other matter, the Puchi Puchi, that was from the time when I was in Singapore. I usually travel there quite a lot, and I was there a few weeks ago. And you see, I had this whole post planned and everything, and I was too lazy to post it ^^;; No time that the time when you are stuck and bored in an airport for hours to write a blog post. Anyway, there were no regular hotel rooms, so we stayed in another another suite room, and it was big. Huge. So, randomly, I yelled puchi puchi puh- CHI! well, chanted, more like. My sister joined in too xDD
               The lollipop- Lolle' Pop- matter was also in Singapore. Yet another family of cousins live there (They used to live with our family for... well, all my life till now) They go to Tanglin Trust School, I hear there are a few nano-ers over there. We went to their apartment, and my sister and mu boy cousin- call him Imree, played the gummy bear song. Wait- i need to backtrack a bit there. Okay, so Imree's sister Sammy, has lots of awesome books, so, naturally, when we were supposed to go shopping with our parents, I wanted to stay and read. In the end, I ended up 'babysitting' Imree and my sister. Don't get me wrong here, I do babysit- and properly, but if I had tried it with those two, they would have a fit. So... it was something like ignoring them and reading until Imree decided on a bed-wrestling match. This is where there are two people on a bed. And you have to knock the other person over.I challenged Imree to it, I won, about four times in a row. He wqas mad about being bet by a girl- thats why we had to do it over and over again. To be fair, he is younger and smaller than me, BUT before you say it was an unfair advantage- he actually knows how to fight, and he practices, and he is a bit stronger than me AND he ha beat his sister, Sammy who is older than me.
             Then we ran around the apartment with me trying to catch Imree to use his dart gun for target practice. We ended up with my sister turning on the Gummy Bear song, and we listened. Okay, there are two or three, the one i mean goes "I'mma gummy bear, a yummy gummy... etc...." 
              The whole day, my sister had been longing for lollipops, and we had lollypops the night before AND she was currently having a lollipop. So I started sining along to the tune "Lollypop Lollypop Lolly Lolly lolly lolly lollypop." Alternating with "Lo lay pop" and "lollypop." 
             In case you are for some reason interested in these mad ramblings I'll also mention that all this ended up in mopre chasing for the dart gun until our parents returned and even then, we were running about. Imree's mom filmed it, but I think Imree made her delete it. Darn. xD 
            The next bit is supposed to be about MLIA, I know, but the tips of my fingers are freezing off, so I'll leave you with another gummy bear song. (To the tune of the Alphabet Song/ Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. Whatever. Same tune.)
           A B C D E F G,
                Gummy bears are after me
          One is red and one is blue
                  One is trying to steam my shoe
          Now I'm running for my life
                  'Cause the red one has a knife

Please ignore grammar mistakes, I'm half asleep, needing to go to the bathroom and freezing.


3 comments:

  1. haha! That was a very amusing, interesting post to read. Love it. Also, I'm sorry for you being stuck in the airport for four hours :/ I did that in Australia and it was like dinner at the beginning and we ended up leaving sometime around midnight or something like that... but then we got to stay in an epic hotel in LA, so it wasn't all bad. Anywho, sorry about your predicament but it made for some good reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. =.=; Trust me, it got worse. I have half the post ready on another computer. I'm finally in Bristol though... AFTER SEVEN MORE HOURS IN HEATHROW. But i'll post that in the morning.... I don't have much charge in the net-book right now. Glad it's at least amusing xP
    *ahh- CHOO!*
    You've been to LA?
    Wait- that was a very scrambled up reply, sorry, night time again, and jet lag... Also I'm new to this whole sun set at 4 PM thing...Hard to keep track of time.
    How did they use sun dials properly in winter anyway?
    Sorry--- rambling again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GAH GAH GAH!!
    IGNORE THE ABOVE POST!!!
    I NEED TO FIX THIS!!!!

    ReplyDelete